Promethean Touchscreens – Newdale Primary School, Telford
The school initially chose to upgrade their ageing interactive whiteboards and projectors in phases – the first phase being the purchase of 7 interactive touchscreens on which they continued to use their Promethean ActivInspire software.
Unfortunately, the school were not given the correct advice during the procurement process and mistakenly believed that they could continue to use the software and their previous lesson plans without purchasing a new software licence.
In partnership with Promethean, we approached the school highlighting that ongoing use of Promethean software with non-Promethean hardware was, in fact, contravening the licence agreement – after we explained the situation, their obligations and some possible solutions, the school immediately took steps to address the issue.
This resulted in the following:
- Retention of those original non-Promethean interactive touchscreens, due to being a relatively low proportion of the total
- Purchase of new Promethean ActivInspire software licences for use on these, providing them with the latest powerful teaching tools and addressing software compliance
- Upgrade of those ageing interactive whiteboards and projectors in their others classroom to Promethean ActivPanel v4 interactive touchscreens
- Consistent access to the latest technology throughout their school – completely fair and equal for all teachers and pupils
- Promethean-accredited training for their whole teaching staff
- Ongoing support from us, as a Platinum Promethean Partner
The following letter was prepared by the headteacher:
If you’d like to discuss upgrading to the latest technology, a demonstration at your school, or advice on ensuring your school is complying with its software licence obligations, please do not hesitate to contact our team using the details on this page.